Copyright Regulations 2015 validation technical meeting
April 21 2015
On April 21 2015, in our bid to firm up the copyright administration the NCAC called stakeholders to a day long' meeting to discuss the draft copyright regulations. The meeting was held at the Gambia Hospitality and Tourism Institute (GTHI). It was attended by the Hon Minister of Tourism and Culture.
Regulations presented were:
- Registration of Copyright and related rights Works
- Levy on devices used for reproduction
- Use of security device (hologram)
- Operation of Collecting Society of The Gambia
- Licensing of Producers, Publishers and Distributors
The forum gave us the chance to have a fair and frank exchange with stakeholders on the forthcoming regulations and also other pertinent issues. The issues raised were considered for inclusion in the second drafts that have now been forwarded to the Ministry.