The Hassum Ceesay Memorial Prize for Fiction
Title: Hassum Ceesay Memorial Prize for Fiction
Frequency: awarded once a year every January 10th
Prizes: Cash prizes will be awarded as follows: First prize: D20, 000; Second D10,000; Third D7,000
- To reward Gambia based writers whose work has been published locally;
- to help build a writing and publishing cultures in The Gambia;
- To inculcate and promote the culture of reading in The Gambia;
- To honour the literary legacy of Hassum Ceesay(1944-2010), one of the great Gambian authors and co-founder of Ndaanan literary magazine.
- Works of fiction (prose, poetry, play) published in the form of a book in The Gambia from January 1st 2014 to December 31 2016 are eligible;
- Authors will make the submission of one good copy of the entry;
- An author can submit or enter for three categories of play, prose and poetry at one time;
- Awards go to authors not publishers;
- All entries must be accompanied by entry form fully filled in and signed by the author. Forms are available at the Secretary, Gambia National Museum, Independence Drive, Banjul;
- Entries should be submitted to the Secretary, Hassum Ceesay Memorial Prize for Literature, Gambia National Museum, Independence Drive, Banjul on or before 31 December 2016.
- For further inquiries please call 7781 963/9481963/3606551/7961406 or by email: email@example.com.
Partners: Writers Association of The Gambia; National Centre for Arts and Culture, Family of Hassum Ceesay (1944-2010)