The NCAC National Digital Archive of The Gambia project, funded by the Gerda Henkel Foundation, run by University of Hamburg, Germany & National Center For Arts and Culture, The Gambia is seeking for an Indexer for the following Gambian languages: Mandinka, Wolof, Pulaar, Joola, Soninke, Manjak
The purpose of this project shall be a comprehensive digital archiving and documentation of the NCAC/RDD collection of audio recordings in Gambian languages. The data which until now have not been accessed in any written form shall be indexed and annotated in the current phase of the project.
The project is currently seeking for an indexer.
- receive audios via a cloud
- listen to audios in Gambian languages (mostly Mandinka)
- divide into sessions if necessary and name your word file according to a given pattern
- write a short summary and enumerate keywords according to a given pattern
- prepare an excel list of personal and place names
- send your word / excel files via email to the Quality Manager of the project
- excellent English skills (orthography, grammar and expression)
- excellent Mandinka skills (oral)
- very good skills in Wolof, Pulaar, Joola, Soninke, Manjak would be of advantage
- experienced in the usage of Word, Excel and audio software (e.g. Audacity, Media Player)
- experienced in using email and clouds
- access to a notebook, headphones, a printer and good internet connection
- available to start working as soon as possible
- opportunity to learn more about Senegambian history, ethnology and sociology
- discover new fields of scientific research
- the post is offered on a service contract basis (according to German regulations)
- Please contact Dr. Katrin Pfeiffer for further information and send your application with curriculum vitae via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information, please visit: ncac-national-digital-archive.blogs.uni-hamburg.de.